- In 2009, a total of 3,310 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 3.9% increase in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 7.6% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,184 or 35.8% of the robberies reported.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 330 or 10.0% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 455 or 13.7% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,341 or 40.5% of the robberies.