- In 2009, a total of 25,647 burglaries were reported
by law enforcement agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 3.6% decrease in burglaries from 2008.
- Burglaries accounted for 59.1% of the major offenses
- There were 12,784 forced entry burglaries reported.
Forced entry burglaries accounted 49.8% of the burglaries.
- There were 10,742 non-forced entry burglaries
reported. Non-forced entry burglaries accounted for
41.9% of the burglaries.
- There were 2,121 attempted burglaries reported.
Attempted burglaries accounted for 8.3% of the burglaries.