- In 2007, a total of 3,397 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 10.1% decrease in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 6.8% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,3396 or 39.4% of the robberies reported.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 308 or 9.1% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 348 or 10.2% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,402 or 41.3% of the robberies.