- In 2006, a total of 3,780 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 2.3% decrease in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 6.5% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,506 or 39.8% of the robberies reported.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 401 or 10.6% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 396 or 10.5% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,477
or 39.1% of the robberies.