- In 2005, a total of 3,870 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 6.4% increase in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 5.9% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,636 or 42.3% of the robberies reported.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 414 or 10.7% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 368 or 9.5% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,452
or 37.5% of the robberies.