- In 2004, a total of 3,637 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 1.7% increase in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 6.1% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,377* or 38.0% of the robberies reported.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 387* or 10.7% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 384* or 10.6% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,473*
or 40.7% of the robberies.
*Does not include breakdown by
type of weapon for Douglas County S.O. and Lone