- In 2003, a total of 3,577 robberies were reported
by law enforcement agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 3.8% increase
in robberies from 2002.
- Robberies accounted for 6.5%
of the major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,136* or 32% of the robberies
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 363*
or 10% of the reported robberies.
- Other dangerous weapons not specifically coded
or fitting one of the other categories were used in
787* or 22% of the robberies.
tactics were responsible for 1,271*
or 36% of the robberies.
*Does not include breakdown by type
of weapon for Douglas County S.O. and Lone Tree