- In 2002, a total of 3,445 robberies were reported
by law enforcement agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 4.7% increase
in robberies from 2001.
- Robberies accounted for 6.0%
of the major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 677* or 41.8% of the robberies
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 180*
or 11.1% of the reported robberies.
- Other dangerous weapons not specifically coded
or fitting one of the other categories were used in
154* or 9.5% of the robberies.
tactics were responsible for 609*
or 37.6% of the robberies.
*Does not include breakdown by type
of weapon for Aurora P.D., Denver P.D., Douglas
County S.O., Glendale P.D., Grand Junction P.D.
and Lone Tree P.D..