- In 2014, a total of 3,031 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 3.7% decrease in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 7.2% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,098 or 36.2% of the reported robberies.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 252 or 8.3% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 400 or 13.2% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,281 or 42.3% of the reported robberies.