- In 2010, a total of 3,131 robberies were reported by law enforcement
agencies in Colorado.
- This is a 5.4% decrease in robberies
- Robberies accounted for 7.4% of the
major offenses reported.
- A firearm was used in 1,143 or 36.5% of the robberies reported.
- A knife or cutting instrument was used in 308 or 9.8% of the
- Other dangerous weapons, not specifically coded or fitting one
of the other categories, were used in 400 or 12.8% of the
- Strong-arm tactics
were responsible for 1,280 or 40.9% of the robberies.